Thanks for Visiting my blog...come again soon!!!!

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Hello all!!!!       Thought I'd check out my poor blog I've forgotten for so long (13 months, 2 days) pitiful I know...but I have good reason...I've been gone for the past 7 months....but am now home to stay and will
get  better with my blogging...Here are a few things I've done in the pasted month...sorry I put them all together but it was easier...New Year's Resolution to self: Time to improve blog!!! Please feel free to read the happenings of the past month or so...(since I've gotten home) and I'll be back!!!!


I had a few bean I needed to get canned so the last couple of days I've been busy canning  ham and beans...had to buy a new stove and a new pressure canner/cooker..and of course I needed to try them out...ended up canning ham and beans, split pea soup, bacon, chicken, chicken broth...not all with my new canner....The bacon was my down fall...oh, it turned our yummy I did bacon bits...however, the canner for some reason went dry and it warped my canner...and this is when I have to say it's great to shop Walmart...they were so good to me..they exchanged it for a new one the very same model of course...and my canner was over a year old...I explained to the customer service person what had happened. I told the truth) and he exchanged it...I love their customer service..


 These two pictures above are of a scarf I made.  I got the pattern when I was in Nauvoo Illinois for 6 months...I'll be teaching a class this next week end so others can make it...it's so easy or  4 to 6 stitches  depending on how long you want it...

 These two pictures are of my Halloween/harvest decorations....the best I could do just getting home from being gone for about 7 months....Hopefully Christmas will be more festive....
 My pretty new stove...smooth top (love, love, love it)..and my new pressure canner...the front burner is 12" which is big enough for my pressure canner...that was part of the problem with my other stove burner was only 8 1/2" which was really too small for canning...




Last but not least is my food storage room...all the above picture are of my storage room....I'm trying to get it organized....it's been a few years since I've done it...I need some order as to what all I have on hand...these pictures don't really give it a good view....Now my canning isn't completed for the year just yet....still want to can some beef....hamburger and stew meat....I love canning.....all the jars are so pretty!!!  So now you know what I've been doing with my time since I got home from my summer's vacation in Nauvoo, Illinois....Hopefully I'll do better this next year and keep onto of my blogging and keep you more up to date....However, though I left Scrap Me With Style for a little over a year I did set up another blog called Pioneerbyday.blogspot.com you can check out and it will show you what I was doing all summer....Hopefully I'll be back again before the end of the year...Until next time...have a great day!!!



1 comment:

  1. Good Job!!! Keep that pace up and you will have caught up those 7 months of projects.. :O)

    ReplyDelete